With Nero Burning ROM you can compile and burn all types of files and folders to multiple discs. Files that exceed a certain file size are split if this is necessary to fill up a disc space. Files in general are distributed dynamically among several discs.
The number of discs to be used is shown in the compilation screen and you can switch the disc type here.
To create a DiscSpan compilation, proceed as follows:
- Select the desired disc format (CD, DVD, Blu-ray) from the drop-down menu in the New Compilation window. (In case that the New Compilation window is not opened, it can be opened by clicking the New button on the main screen.)
- The selection list shows the compilation types that can be burned.
You can select an appropriate disc format without loss of information at any time in the main screen. Note that this has to be technically possible – for example you are obliged to burn an Audio CD to a CD. But it is possible to start with a data CD and change later to a data DVD, for example. The possibility to change the disc type is useful when starting a compilation without knowing how much space is required by the files.
- Select the DiscSpan (UDF) compilation type from the selection list.
- The tabs with the configuration options that are valid for this compilation type are displayed.
- Set the options you require on the tabs.
- Click the New button.
- The New Compilation window is closed and the selection screen is displayed.
- Select the files/folders that you want to burn from the browser area.
- Drag the required files/folders into the compilation area on the left side.
- The files are added to the compilation and displayed in the compilation screen. The capacity bar indicates how much space is required by the DiscSpan compilation. On the left an info field indicates how much discs will be burned.
In Nero Burning ROM, there is the option of defining filters for individual files or folders by dragging files or folders into the compilation areas with the depressed right mouse button. For instance, it is possible to filter for a particular type of file (*.doc, *.xls, *.txt) or select which type of file is not to be taken up in the compilation area.
- If required, you can change the disc type.
- You have successfully compiled a data disc and can now burn this compilation. During the burn process you will be prompted to insert a new disc whenever needed. You are allowed to alternate the disc types (CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc) regardless of which disc type you chose at the beginning. Files will be distributed dynamically among several discs.