With Nero Burning ROM you can compile and burn all types of files and folders. If a Blu-ray recorder is installed on your computer you can burn data CDs, data DVDs and data Blu-ray Discs. If you have a CD recorder you can only burn data CDs. The procedure for all data compilation methods is identical.
To create a data disc, proceed as follows:
- Select the desired disc format (CD, DVD, Blu-ray) from the drop-down menu in the New Compilation window. (In the case that the New Compilation window is not opened, it can be opened by clicking the New button on the main screen.)
- The selection list shows the compilation types that can be burned.
You can select an appropriate disc format without loss of information at any time in the main screen. Note that this has to be technically possible – for example you are obliged to burn an Audio CD to a CD. But it is possible to start with a data CD and change later to a data DVD, for example. The possibility to change the disc type is useful when starting a compilation without knowing how much space is required by the files.
- Select the desired compilation type for a data disc from the selection list (CD/DVD-ROM/Blu-ray Disc (ISO), CD/DVD-ROM/Blu-ray Disc (UDF), or CD/DVD-ROM/Blu-ray Disc (UDF/ISO).
- The tabs with the configuration options that are valid for this compilation type are displayed.
- Set the options you require on the tabs.
- Click the New button.
- The New Compilation window is closed and the selection screen is displayed.
- Select the files/folders that you want to burn from the browser area.
- Drag the required files/folders into the compilation area on the left side.
- The files are added to the compilation and displayed in the compilation screen. The capacity bar indicates how much space is required on the disc.
In Nero Burning ROM, there is the option of defining filters for individual files or folders by dragging files or folders into the compilation areas with the depressed right mouse button. For instance, it is possible to filter for a particular type of file (*.doc, *.xls, *.txt) or select which type of file is not to be taken up in the compilation area.
- Repeat the previous step for all files that you want to add.
- You have successfully compiled a data disc and can now burn this compilation.